Sunday, May 27, 2007

Movie Meme

Name your all-time top five favorite movies.
Are you kidding?? That's like asking me to name my top five all-time favorite meals!! Maybe I could do top five in each category.... OK. For the purposes of this meme, I will try.
  • The Princess Bride

  • Singing in the Rain

  • The Gay Divorcee

  • A Little Princess

  • Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson version)

  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

  • The Incredibles

  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

  • The Matrix

  • Signs

OK. That's 10. That's really the best I can do. I had to cut out a bunch of winners to do that (Holiday Inn, Bringing Up Baby, The Emperor's New Groove, The Sound of Music, The Music Man....)

What’s your favorite movie line?
It's probably, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." (The Princess Bride) Or possibly, "Peach preserves! Say, I really go for those! Why, they're great with.... Or even plain!" from Holiday Inn, and it's all in Fred Astaire's delivery. But the one I probably say the most is "Stay on target...stay on target!" (That's Episode IV, in case you didn't know.)

Who’s your favorite movie character?
Erm...that's a tough one. I don't tend to have favorite characters outside the context of the movie. I'll go with my favorite Disney character...Meeko. =)

What movie do you love that most people hate?
I have no idea. I do love Treasure Planet, and that didn't do very well in the theater. Most people just haven't seen it, though. Same with Atlantis.

What movie do you hate that most people love?
Citzen Kane. Please, people, it's so obvious what Rosebud is at the beginning. Also, Shrek. I was totally done when Fiona made the bird explode.

What was the last movie you saw?
In the theater, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

What’s your least favorite movie ever?
The Piano. As in, you couldn't pay me to see it again. We were supposed to be going with another couple, who told us, "Hey, we like you guys and we never do anything. Let's go see a movie right now." Er...OK...and against my better judgment, we decided on this one. On the way to the theater, though, they decided they needed to "talk about their relationship" and ditched us. We spent the whole movie wondering what had happened, and the only reason we didn't walk out of this horrible flick is that we didn't want to abandon them.

What one movie have you seen that you would never ever watch again?
Didn't I just answer this one? LOL! I'm trying to think of a movie I liked that I won't watch again. Ah, I've got it. The Ring. Best opening of a suspense/horror flick, ever. (Not that I see that many.) But I wouldn't watch it again.

What was the last DVD you saw?
Curse of the Golden Flower.

What was the first DVD you remember buying?
The real question is, do I even remember ever buying a DVD?? Usually that's DH's job. In the early days I would order them from Amazon, so that doesn't really make a real impression, either. I'm going to say Wallace & Gromit's Adventures.

What actor/actress would you like to look like?
Well, DH likes brunettes (go figure =), so I'll stick with brunettes, although I personally think Nicole Kidman, Grace Kelly and Kate Winslett are gorgeous. I wouldn't mind looking like Jennifer Garner. She's not too "showy", but she's got a nice willowy figure (which I'll never have...). Or Julia Roberts...she's beautiful. Oooo! I've got it! Anne Hathaway! She's so pretty!

What classic movie have you never seen?
When Harry Met Sally. I'm putting this one, not because I think it's necessarily a "classic," but because people always look at me like I've grown another head when I say I haven't seen it. I also haven't seen Jerry McGuire.

What song would you choose to be the theme song to the movie of your life story?
Now this is an interesting question. I would like it to be "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" because I'd like people to praise God from seeing His work through me. But I'm a long way off from that.

What’s your favorite movie genre?
Musicals! Or action/adventure/kung fu!

Who’s your favorite actor/actress?
For current actors/actresses, I really like Jim Carrey, though not when he does the Ace Ventura type stuff. Loved him in The Majestic. On the actress side, I love Geena Davis and Julia Roberts.

Realistically, my favorite actor is probably Cary Grant, followed closely by Fred Astaire, Gene Kelley and Donald O'Connor. And my favorite actress, Judy Garland. Or Olivia de Haviland. Or Rita Hayworth....

What actor/actress do you refuse to see their movies?
Colin Farrell. I find him to be a revolting individual, so I can't enjoy anything he's in. I also dislike Russell Crowe intensely; I think the only movie I've seen that he's been in is A Beautiful Mind.

What genre would you choose not to watch?
Horror/gross-out comedies.

What’s your favorite theater concession combo?
Junior Mints! No drink...don't want to have to leave during a vital plot point, LOL!

Front row, Back row, Side Seats, Aisle or center?
Center, first or second row of upper area in stadium seating. Which is pretty much all there is around here. If for some reason it's a smaller theater, wherever I'm looking slightly up at the screen but not too much.

No comments:

Old Geek-outs