Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tea Two

Click now for JiffNotes


Saturday Michael took me to the Roswell Tea House for the second stop on my tea passport. It's a fabulous tea house, with a huge, wonderful selection of loose teas (black, green, white, oolong and chai). You can get your choice of Afternoon Tea, High Tea (not true High Tea, but the Afternoon Tea plus soup), plain old lunch (the curry chicken salad looked to die for!) or even a Japanese tea ceremony.

We went for the Afternoon Tea. I started with the Blue Mango green tea (mango and pineapple), which was very yummy, and Michael started with the Monkey Picked Oolong. If you know Michael at all, you can see that it was impossible for him to resist this tea. Later, I switched to the Spring Blend (green tea with orange, hibiscus, rosehips, red peppercorns, and a host of other things I can't remember!) and Michael had Rose Chai.

Here's a closer look at the yummies:

Everything was good; I ended up not eating all the apple strudel (it's that flaky thing on the center tier), because I'm really picky about dishes with cooked apples and this just wasn't doing it for me. I think anyone but me would have liked it, but it needed more sugar for me! =) I was content, however, to eat possibly the best cream puff I've ever had. The curried chicken salad sandwich was to die for. The texture was like velvet, and it was so rich. The scones were a little bit of a disappointment, because they were overcooked (and done in muffin tins) and there was no Devonshire Cream!! The lemon curd was excellent, though...not "eggy" at all.

We were planning on going for a walk afterwards around Tech campus, which is just beautiful during the Spring. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain about a minute before we left the tea house. We did drive through some very pretty neighborhoods and saw lots of blooming cherry trees, redbuds, dogwoods and some azaleas starting. We even saw some wisteria! It's not quite the same as last Spring, where everything literally burst into bloom all at once (who ever heard of Bradford pears and dogwoods blooming at the same time!) But all I have to show you is a shot of some urban Spring right down the street from us. I wish I knew the name of this vine...if you do, leave me a comment!

JiffNotes
Finally, Spring is here! And today, it's 45 degrees...stupid jet stream. =(

4 comments:

Julie said...

Roswell Tea House is very nice. I took my boys there once as a treat. Leave it to me to have 2 boys who think tea is the best meal of the day. They were amazing there. They even ended up creating a menu just for my kids and their preteen daughter served them. It was a specially created for kids tea.

Jean in Georgia said...

Sounds like you had fun! Yummy tea.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You're looking great Heather!

Karin said...

Looks like a fantastic afternoon!

Old Geek-outs