Monday, April 14, 2008

This post has everything!

Click now for JiffNotes

It's got knitting!
(This scarf was a gift from my mom that I finally got around to blocking. Here's its pre-blocked state, and the pattern, in case you're interested.)

It's got stitching!
(This is a shot of Autumn Queen before any Amazon April work has occurred on it. I'm hoping the progress I make won't be so infinitessimal that I can't see it at the end of the month.)

It's got an obligatory Yarn Harlot shot!


It's got Kinnearing! Oh, wait...sadly, it doesn't. But the last post had some (I Kinneared myself), so maybe you'll let it slide?

It's got geeky XBox achievement screenshots!
(Sorry. Michael pointed out to me that my recent geek content was shockingly low. I maintain that, as in real life, I try to shield people from my geeky stories when I can envision their eyes glazing over as I tell them. For instance, today I had a conversation about neural nets and natural language processing and how very COOL it is that you can write LISP code that will actually WRITE MORE CODE ITSELF!!! But do you really want to hear that? I thought not. I try to restrict the geekly postings to entertaining rants, cool gadgets and stories involving the possibility of electrocution...you know, stuff everyone has a chance of understanding. And, if you're still with me, this is me winning the DDR National Championship. Which includes Canada. For some reason. Crazy Hawaiian programmers!)

It's got an AYP*!
I realized most of my sock yarn was very dark, and I want to make the Milkmaid Stockings in New Pathways, so I "made" myself get this beautiful stuff. It's very squishy.

It's got dispensational stash!
Here I must pause and give a shout out to Drema at Needlecraft Corner for great customer service. If you don't have a good LNS near you (or can't get there easily) or you're looking for a good ONS, I think Drema's as good as it gets. The first bee box I received had a broken leg, so I emailed Drema to ask if I should contact Just Nan about it. (Drema couldn't have known the bee was lame when she sent the kit...the bee was inside a box in the kit, which was sealed shut by Just Nan.) Drema immediately sent me a new kit, including a box with return postage, already labeled, so all I had to do was put the defective bee in the box and tape it shut! Everyone complains when they get bad customer service, so I felt I had to share a shining example of great customer service!!

Where was I? Oh yeah...It's even got a Hidden Mickey! (OK, maybe not so hidden.)

JiffNotes
And, of course, it has JiffNotes.

*AYP = authorized yarn purchase...i.e., yarn purchased with a gift certificate, to make a gift, or to complete a project already in progress

6 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

Excitement! Drama! oh wait....

TeresaB said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you had everything in your post. Can't wait to see how much you get done on AQ.

Jill said...

Congrats on the DDR win!! Do you get some gold dance shoes? Or maybe something as cool as the disco trophy from DWTS? Very exciting things!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your stitching looks lovely! You've been busy Heather!

Karoline said...

You have been busy Heather :)I've just started Barnabee's bride, it's stiching up really quickly

Richard Cook said...

Wait! I want to hear more about neural nets and natural language processing and Lisp code that writes itself!

Old Geek-outs