It's been a long time since I posted, because I have a bad case of Can't Be Bothered. The five-day work week is going better; I've been pacing myself better, and a few work fires burned out, so that helped greatly as well. Stitching and knitting have been scarce due to lack of energy. Hopefully I'll feel inspired to post more soon. But for now, I've been tagged by Jill. Here goes...
"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 0r 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer."
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
In May 1998, our loft was on the Atlanta Downtown Tour of Lofts for the first time. We actually had a visit from a Metropolitan Home rep, but our place didn't make the cut for the magazine. I was preparing to celebrate my first wedding anniversary (we went to Callaway Gardens). I was about to leave my first "real" job (as a consultant at a small place) to start a new one. That "new" job, at MAPICS, turned into "the best of times, the worst of times". I met my current manager (who I convinced to come work here) at that job, and that is a Very Good Thing! This was also the year I went to my first-ever needlework event, Spirit of Cross Stitch, where I met DFs Jill and Teresa for the first time. That was a life-changing event for sure! =) We've spent many great times together over the years, and their friendships have enriched my life greatly! You know, it's a darned good thing we wrote a Christmas letter for that year and posted it. Otherwise, I'd never have remembered all that!! (Like, when did I change jobs, anyway?? Duh.....)
2. What are five things on my to do list for today?
- make sure hubby is packed for business trip (no, I don't pack for him like my mom does for my dad, but I gotta check him for missing buttons and such!)
- get haircut
do application build for releasenope, can't do that...gotta wait for tomorrow for coworker to check in his code...
- buy more contact solution, saline and Scrubbing Bubbles
- if time, pick up ??? to finish the ??? I'm making for ???
- unload dishwasher
3. Snacks I enjoy...
- Publix Trinity ice cream (OMGosh!)
- like everyone else, Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's
- dark chocolate covered crystallized ginger
- Teddy Graham Bears & Bees
- Harry & David's pepper jam mixed with cream cheese with tortilla chips
- hummus & pita chips
- blueberries with milk & a dash of sugar (or better yet, Jean's blueberry trifle...does that count as a snack or a meal??)
- Andy's guacamole with tortilla chips (snarf!)
4.Things I would do if I were a billionaire...
- hire someone to manage the bucks and make sure I never "have" to work again
- spend at least a month (or two...) traveling around the world. Literally. Around it. All the way.
- re-film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and HPatCoS with Michael Gambon
- build a time machine and re-film Episode I with Hayley Joel Osment
- make all manner of charitable contributions...the Aquarium, Atlanta Union Mission, Samaritan's Purse, Prison Fellowship Ministries, etc., etc. I think I'd have to set up a foundation.
- learn to do all the stuff I wish I had time to learn to do (play various instruments, various dance styles)
- see how many TV cameo appearances I could buy my way into =)
- take care of family members: Mom and Dad get cleaning/organizing staff and personal trainers. Oldest sister gets her own tea shop. Middle sister...hmmm...I might employ her to run my charitable foundation! Youngest sister gets a travel allowance, since her stingy husband won't pay for any trips for her. Nieces and nephews get help with school or housing or something.
5. Places I have lived...
- Michigan ('til I was 3)
- Dunwoody, GA
- Oxford, MS (on a lake...sigh....)
- Downtown Atlanta
6. What jobs have I had...
I'm only going to do paying jobs...
- accompanist (on piano)
- teaching assistant at Georgia Tech for an artificial intelligence class
- research assistant at GT
- actress (yup, I've gotten paid...more than once, too!)
- consultant (of the software variety)
- software developer
Nope, I've never worked in retail or food service. I would have been horrible at either!
- choreographer (for a cheerleading team...and if you don't think that's work...!!!)
- reading tutor
- Sunday school teacher (yeah, it's work for sure!!)
- worship team singer/percussionist
- technology specialist (and ball roller) at the Paralympics (We were at the Standing Volleyball venue and they were short-handed on floor staff one day)
7. Peeps I want to know more about...
Whew! I actually cut that list down to six to comply with the rules (you know me ;). I'm counting on you guys to tag the peeps I missed. =)
|Sing with me now..."Getting to knooooow you, getting to know alllll aboooout youuuu...."|