I was going to make up my own birthday meme, but that seemed like too much trouble. ;)
1. Type in your birthday (minus the year) in the search bar at Wikipedia.org
2. List three interesting facts, two births, and one death that happened on your birthday.
1. Apropos: 1951 - The Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution, limiting Presidents to two terms, is ratified.
2. Hilarious: 1964 - The government of Italy asks for help to keep the Leaning Tower of Pisa from toppling over.
3. Yawn: 1986 - The United States Senate allows its debates to be televised on a trial basis.
Dudes, I'm going more than two, because some seriously cool people were born on "my" day:
272 - Constantine I, Roman emperor (d. 337)
1807 - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, American poet (d. 1882)
1902 - John Steinbeck, American writer, Nobel laureate (d. 1968)
1930 - Joanne Woodward, American actress
1932 - Elizabeth Taylor, British-American actress
1934 - Ralph Nader, American consumer activist
1934 - Van Williams, American actor
1964 - Todd Bodine, American race car driver (this one is for Jean)
and to make up for the embarassing
1980 - Chelsea Clinton
we have what would probably be the two I listed for real:
1981 - Josh Groban, American singer
1962 - Adam Baldwin, American actor
People. Adam Baldwin! How cool is that? I just love him in "Chuck" right now, but my enjoyment is enhanced by having seen him in "Firefly". What's that? You've never seen it?!? I command you to remedy that immediately. And, you know, it's my birthday, so you have to do what I say. ;)
2003 - Fred Rogers, American children's television actor (b. 1928)
|I can fit in a "Firefly" blurb nearly anywhere...|