Saturday, June 12, 2010

TUSAL the first

Click now for JiffNotes

Yeah, so that whole queuing up posts thing didn't really work, did it? Well, at least you got one!

I've done a few SALs in my stitching career...that's Stitch A-Long if you don't know...some of them I kept up with, some I didn't...some I was the only one that finished! I've avoided them recently so that I wouldn't hold anyone else up...and because I've had a bad case of Can't Be Bothered lately. But I finally found one I think I can handle. It's the TUSAL started by Dragon My Needle. TUSAL stands for "Totally Useless Stitch A-Long". You collect your orts (thread scraps) in the same clear container, post a picture each month on the day of the new moon, and empty it into a larger container that holds the year's worth. So...here's my first TUSAL picture:
I picked this shot glass (purportedly purloined from Air Force One by my hubby's grandfather when he was the navigator back in the day) because I knew my monthly output would be very small. In fact, there's only so much this month because I had a disastrous yarn adventure (that's be the light blue) that I'll have to post about soon. The brown is from an amigurumi squirrel I'm making (lots of pieces; lots of yarn ends). The only other thing in there...the burgundy silk...is from a bird that I finally finished.
And the only reason you can even see the orts is because it was a kit, and I dumped the leftovers when I finished. I was so scared I'd run out of thread, all the actual orts are less than 2 inches long!

Next month I'll show the bigger container where I'm dumping each month's shot glassful.

JiffNotes
The detritus of crafting looks better under the Presidential seal....

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the new blog header!

It sounds like there is a story behind the glass.

Daffycat said...

A perfect TU SAL! I love the little bird, Heather!

Jeanne said...

Hey that's the kind of SAL I can actually keep up with! LOL May your ort jar always be full........

Old Geek-outs