So there's this thing going around a lot of the stitching blogs, this Challenge for 2011. It has no official name that I know of, but it's earned the title "Crazy Challenge". Why? Well, because you're supposed to start one project a day for the first 15 days of January. Sure, that's fun, so far...a little wacky, but not "crazy". But then--then, my friends--comes the Crazy-with-a-Capital-C-part: You have to finish them all...IN THE SAME YEAR. Now, this is not how I operate. My spouse has a gorgeous stocking that I stitched:
Anyway. So, obviously, any "challenge" makes me want to take part. However, I managed to talk myself down on this one, because it's too crazy...EVEN FOR ME. And that's saying something, as I once took eleven (11) needlework classes in a four-day period. I did hear a modified version that seemed a little less insane...start one project every weekend in January and finish them all...so that's only five (5). If I don't pick too many large projects (i.e., LOTS OF ORNAMENTS), I could probably do it. But since that seems a little TOO sane, I'm going to round out the number to eleven (you know, for 2011) by picking six projects already in progress to finish as well. Ah, there we go...a "normal" level of crazy.
Here are the five projects I'll be starting:
- Sapphire Star by Laura J. Perin
- Random Thoughts by Drawn Thread
- The Darling of the World by Lauren Sauer (ornament)
- Eight-Pointed Star by Emie Bishop (ornament)
- Lapland Santa by Mill Hill (ornament)
- Dasher by Mirabilia
- Shakespeare's Garden by La Broderie
- Squirrel Fob by Heart's Content
- Keep a Secret by Just Nan
- Mystery II (now Convent's Herbal Garden) by Chatelaine
- Bumblebee Stumpwork by Liz Turner Diehl
Of course, somewhere in there I'm going to do some knitting, and beading, and....
Happy New Year, everybody!
|Whole lotta crafting goin' on.|