Saturday, March 12, 2011

Progress...

Click now for JiffNotes

So the good news with me being sick is that I already had an ENT appointment scheduled yesterday, because I've had four sinus infections in the past year. My GP has done nothing for me; every time I go in to see her, she just looks at me, asks me my symptoms, and says, "Yeah, you probably just have a cold." Then, the next morning I am coughing up unspeakable things and am incapacitated for two weeks. So when a friend told me her doctor actually does a *throat culture* when she goes in with a problem...like, you know, uses a scientific method to determine causality, I thought, REALLY??!? You mean there are doctors that DO that? That don't always treat you like a hypochondriac?

So after getting a referral, now I'm signed up for blood tests to see if I have an immune system problem, a sinus CAT scan (MRI? Something?), and a full-on allergy test. And now I feel a little like a hypochondriac.

But ANYWAY! You want to see eye candy. I did get a little bit done while I was away. I thought it'd be a great time to work on some of my over-one projects, since I'd have plenty of sunlight on the way down, but I didn't count on the bumpy roads. I ended up knitting on the Hemlock Ring Blanket. But I did get enough done on the squirrel that I am ready to start backstitching! Very exciting!

I've also been able to make progress on Random Thoughts since I got back, although it was a while before I felt like stitching at all.

JiffNotes
Still sick, but now being cured with SCIENCE. Disney pictures coming!

6 comments:

Nima said...

good to see your wips...hope that you will feel better soon..

Blu said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Your WIPs look great!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're WIPS look great! I hope you feel better soon and that they figure out why you're getting so many sinus infections. 4 in a year is a lot!

Jean in Georgia said...

You *do* realize that it's time to change primary care doctors, don't you???

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Hope the new doctor will be able to help. Must now rush to get my Disney recap written and posted. No way I'm letting you beat me! LOL

Jeanne said...

Very pretty Heather - I have that squirrel fob pattern somewhere, have always liked it. Good luck having the doctors find something to help your chronic issues.

Old Geek-outs