Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday (Madness edition)

Click now for JiffNotes

For those of you not normally following along here, I'm currently embroiled in March Madness. Which means that each morning, the Sparkly Compote of Decree tells me what to do:
NO IT DOES NOT ACTUALLY TALK TO ME. I draw a slip of paper out of it each morning, and stitch or knit on whatever's written on the slip.

Sunday and Monday, those two projects were not only both knitting (as opposed to needlework or beading), they were also two WIPocalypse projects! The first was Jeanie.
It's a wrap with floating reversible cables, knit with Dream in Color Starry. I love this yarn! And this time when I picked it up, the pattern just "made sense." Before, I was glued to the chart, looking over at it every other stitch, like it was some kind of knitting teleprompter. This time, I (finally!) realized what the structure of the pattern actually was, and I rarely had to look over. Has that ever happened to you? Chart Epiphany? I got more done than I thought I would, making it to another dropped stitch row. Dropping stitches (on purpose)...WHEEEEE!!!

Monday, I drew Astrid out of the SCOD, and although I inwardly groaned at two yarny projects in a row, I was glad to get it out. Because I also love this yarn (Sublime Cashmerino). I love it so much I kind of hate chopping it up into all the little circles. I'm hoping I have enough left over to knit myself a wee cowl as well. Here's what I got done in one night of Doctor Who:
Astrid is shocked I actually worked on her.

And now for something completely different: We were able to book our tickets to Europe last night. We fly ATL-DC-Paris-Prague, then Venice-ATL home...ALL FIRST CLASS. I think the seats on the Air France portion actually turn into beds. Or are made of gold or something. I'm so excited!! We had to transfer SkyMiles from my account to Michael's, but even with that cost, including taxes and fees, the whole shebang set us back less than $400!!! =D

JiffNotes
For more WIP pictures, probably showing way more progress than I could make in one night, head over to Tami's Amis!

9 comments:

cleancup said...

You travel mojo leaves me in awe...

Good luck with March!

pinkundine said...

Oooh, first class flying - fancy! I'm jealous ;) I get excited when I manage to book first class seats on the train!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

What an interesting way to do it - drawing projects from a bowl. Wish I were that brave. Have fun in First Class - order some champagne for me!

Daffycat said...

When the compotes actually start talking, I'm so outta here!

You are going to have such a great holiday, Heather! I'm green, and it's not for St. Patrick's either!

Topcho said...

It doesn't talk?!? Aww you broke my hopes! Well it's still great as the crafty Goblet of fire! (yeah I still need time to switch from all the HP reference!) I'm loving your knitting projects, yummy yarns and patterns again :D

Joysze said...

Oh, I'm liking your madness!!!! :D Astrid, as how you've placed it could be an alien in Dr. Who. LOL!!!!

Hmm.... wonder what you'd do when the Compote speaks.....

Karen said...

Your trip is going to be fantastic! I can't wait to hear about it.
I love your March Madness!

Nic said...

Love your Jeanie

Unknown said...

Love that you get to go to Europe first class! Whoo Hoo! Your Jeanie & Astrid WIPs are gorgeous.

Old Geek-outs