Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Theme-a-licious Jardin January Wrap Up



I made some progress on Convent's Herbal Garden during IHSW:
I really love this piece! I might have to sneak in some work on it next month as well.

Toccata also got some work during IHSW, which began with a flower-like motif and ended with a lattice motif.
You know...a lattice...like in a garden. ;) Completely within theme.

I did finally pull out Shakespeare's Garden!
 
Excuse the poorly-lit pictures...it poured rain all day today.

Juneberry has seen some progress (and now hopefully no longer looks like a thong!!)
 
That bit of white perle cotton in there is a "lifeline"...in case the lace goes so badly wrong I can't fix it (and I have had to fix quite a few things already!) I can just drop it back to that point and know where I am.

Sadly, I wasn't able to finish my tree ornament, but it was fun to start something new, anyway. =)
 

Now it's time for...
Figural February
Who are the people in your neighborhood...your WIP neighborhood, that is? Give your people-populated projects some face time this month.

I am definitely going to be working on Autumn Queen this month. I was also thinking that I might start a smaller Mirabilia piece...either Bluebell or the letter "H". But there is not going to be a lot of time this month (I'll be out of town for week) so maybe I will just keep to Autumn Queen and my ornament. Think I can stick to it? =)

Ornament Theme
Snowman (or Snowlady!)

Again, since this is a short month, I tried to exercise restraint and pick a very small ornament, especially since I failed to finish this month's! Of course, this just means that I picked THREE small ornaments. =)



So how did your garden grow this month? Please add your link below (to your wrap-up post), and visit some other Themers if you can (everyone loves comments and encouragement!) Our next post will be on the 15th of February, when we'll check in for Figural February!

1. Ruth's Little Leprechauns
2. Nic @ DragonRambles
3. Kerryp77
4. Karen - My Stitchy Ramblings
5. Serendipitous Jo
6. Katri
7. Karoline
8. Tiki Stitches
9. Katie
10. Erin (Movie Muse)
11. Gillie
12. Just A Little Stitchin'
13. Topcho
14. Christine
15. The Auld Grey Mare
16. Jackie
17. Yana Hanim
18. Christine Brown
19. Teresa or GirlWithNeedles

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

16 comments:

Christine said...

Great stitching! I love the Shakespeare's Garden one. I stitched a piece with some leaves on this month, does that count?

cucki said...

beautiful stitching and great progress..cute new start..
love for you x

Unknown said...

You made lots of progress and all lovely gardening pieces. Looking forward to February.

Ziggyeor said...

Great progress. I didn't really do anything gardeny this month. I have some people projects I can work on for next month though :)

Nic said...

Covent garden is looking good. I have a couple of Chatelaines wanting attention too. Maybe one of them will be picked up again this year

Kerryp77 said...

Great progres all round, herbal garden is beautiful, I can inderstand why you want to sneek in some stitching on it next month. I'm off to finish my Theme-a-licious post. x

Karen said...

I was very excited to do my first Theme-a-licious post! Thanks!!

Katri said...

Managed to take part! I have so many wips that there's bound to be a suitable for almost every month :) But before moving to February theme, I'll try to kill another wip (not the cats on the wip though; eh, bad joke I know :)

Katie said...

Your Convent's Herbal Garden is really pretty. I am a fan of the Chatelaine mandala gardens. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to actually stitching one...

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I, too, ended up being thwarted by the rain. That's two consecutive updates I've had to do with indoor light. Yuck! So nice to see Shakespeare's Garden again! Both Toccata and the Herbal Garden are coming along nicely.

Gillie said...

Not sure how witty I can be right now but my heart is warmed by the fact that I DID IT without recourse to the help desks, the World Traveller and Jo in Serendipitous Suffolk! Thank you, Heather, very glad to have finally made it here!

Lynda Hardy said...

I only made a small start, but am looking forward to stitching through the year with you!
LyndaB

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Karoline said...

Great progress, they are gorgeous

Yana Hanim said...

Great stitching heather :) Just posted mine :)

TeresaB said...

As always your stitching is lovely! I'm late but I managed to get my post completed.

Old Geek-outs