Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Ornament


I finished my February ornament!!

Are those of you that were waiting for the snowman surprised? =)  I purposely picked a small one, given that it's a short month and I'll be out of town for a week. It actually took a lot longer than I thought. This was a design that was sold with the snowman button (he's about an inch and a half tall). I won't attach the button until I finish it, since the package is filled with DIRE WARNINGS about how FRAGILE FRAGILE FRAGILE the button is and that it will IMMEDIATELY BREAK if not handled with kid gloves. I'm not sure how I want to finish it. I'm thinking either a cube finish or framed. Opinions? =)

9 comments:

Anne said...

Lol! Is it made of old porcelain or something? It's adorable Heather! I really love the border and the fragile little snowman who might break if you blink!!

xstitchatoz said...

So sweet! (I only looked at the snowman with one eye, half closed, and for only 2 seconds - I hope it didn`t break!). I`d turn it into a square pillow ornie but I can`t wait to see what you`re going to do with it :)

Lisa said...

Wow that is really fab, love the button :-)

Gillie said...

Well, ignoring the button completely..... I am leaning towards a cube!

cucki said...

so cute x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is a very cute button. How about getting a box frame and putting some snow confetti inside to make a snow glove type thingie?

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, I was thinking of a black frame with wide and deep sides - add that to Jo's snow globe thought and I think it would be perfect!

Ziggyeor said...

Very pretty. I like Jo's idea too.

Melanie said...

Super cute!!!! He would go very nicely with a cube finish, I think.

Old Geek-outs