Friday, August 9, 2013

Finished Object Friday: Tiberius Socks

Click now for JiffNotes

I finished my Tiberius socks! (Ravelry project page)
 

Our club yarn was a bright orange color...I'm not an orange person, and I thought that the socks should be the color of a Star Trek captain's jersey, so I bought the same yarn base (Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Fine...YUM!!!) in color Ginger.


These socks feel so yummy on my feet!

One of our recipes for the past shipment was Jammy Dodgers. I couldn't resist trying out my Portal cookie cutters in addition to making the more traditional shapes.


Remember, the Aperture Science Weighted Jammy Dodger will never threaten to make you fat, and, in fact, cannot speak. (Doctor Who and video game fusion snack: Plus 5 geek points to me).

I'll throw my August TUSAL in this post, too.
 
We've had wayyyyyy too much rain this summer. It's extra large due to the finishing of Ophelia. Gee, now that I've blocked Ophelia, I need to take some better pictures. Sounds like an upcoming Finished Object Friday post. =)

Finally, for the few of you that actually read my entire, boring rant about losing Internet access, I promised a giveaway. I didn't forget!! The winner is...

I already have your address. =)

JiffNotes
For more finished objects, head over to Tami's Amis!

12 comments:

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous socks! I'm still trying to figure out how to do two at a time on one circular. I seem stuck before I even start. Congrats to Jo!

Unknown said...

Great socks--those Sweet Georgia yarns are really something. Beautiful stitch definition.

Annie said...

Those socks really turned out well. Love the color and the pattern. Your knitting is just so perfect!

Your cookies are perfect too and even better, edible!

Enjoy your weekend.

Shebafudge said...

Those socks look gorgeous! I love the colour of them. Is the pattern easy to do on them? It looks so complicated!

Jammy dodgers...mmmmmm...send them this way! Definitely a favourite biscuit in our house!

Blu said...

Those socks are gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern is very pretty.

The cookies look way too pretty to eat!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay my first world problems are all solved with a first world solution, win something!!

I did laugh at Marsha's half a story of the mouse and the toaster. Quite happy she didn't go into more details about that one.

Melanie said...

Ooooo, those socks are glorious!!
What a great color/pattern combo!!

Bernadett said...

Lovely.:)

Nic said...

They look great. Yeah, I think I would have switched out the orange too :)

Karoline said...

Great socks :)

katie metzroth said...

LOVE the socks!!!

I'm not sure I've said "we've had too much rain this summer" in my whole life. wow.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

The socks turned out fabulous...I love the color!

Old Geek-outs