Friday, May 23, 2014

Drive-by Posting

Click now for JiffNotes

Er, hi! I've been away for a while, with no good reason, as these things go. Work got stressful, so stressful that my brain was awash in an adrenaline-induced haze for a couple weeks, and that makes me really, really tired. That leads to me being incapable of doing anything productive outside of work, which eventually means that I'm in an adrenaline-induced panic at home instead...and I think you can see the vicious circle that eventually evolves. It's just one of those seasons when I think, "I should be able to handle doing ALL THE THINGS, everyone else handles ALL THE THINGS, there aren't even very MANY things, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEE??!?" Have you ever felt so overwhelmed you don't even know where to start?? Anyway, that's enough whining, I think. =)

There have been some bright spots, like winning Chiara's Stitch Enigma on my very first guess! My prize has already arrived, but you still have time to get entered into her final draw, so head on over and play!
Thank you, Chiara!! I can't wait to try that pretty lilac linen...it's woven in a tube, so all you have to do is sew the end shut to have a nice little sachet. Somewhere around here I have the perfect pattern for it....

I also have a TON of gorgeous garden pictures from taking Michael's parents on the tour of gardens for Mother's Day. Not to mention the rest of the orchid pictures to share!!

Your real clue that things are bad is that I've only baked cookies once in the past two months:
These amaretti were...interesting. They are made with almond flour, and I think that I would definitely chop the sliced almonds a bit before rolling the cookies in them next time.

Rest assured I am still finding time to stitch and knit a little, and I should have a good update for Menagerie May. And speaking of Theme-a-licous, I do have June's theme picked and will announce it this weekend. That's about all the lucid brain power I can spare right now!

JiffNotes
So. Much. Stress!

9 comments:

cucki said...

It's so sweet *•*
Big hugs x

Tiki said...

Hang in there! The cookies look good. Have a great weekend.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I had a feeling work was the culprit! It always makes me go underground too.

Beth said...

Congrats on the win - lovely linen. I hope you can decompress a bit this weekend.

Julie said...

Congratulations on your win.
The cookies looks yummy...

stitchersanon said...

Lovely win and I think the cookies look lovely. You think we are all coping? Nah, some days we just cope better than others lol.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the win! I don't know how you did it but I am still plodding along, guessing wildly and inaccurately. I have a feeling I am too fixated on the Fairy Tale clue.

On the plus side I am the only person commenting on the first post so the odds are in my favour if it comes to a random draw!!

Melanie said...

Nobody does ALL THE THINGS and, if they do, we hates them and they should be sent off to a deserted (but very nice!) island so we don't have to be confronted by them any longer. No likes a show off, AMIRITE?? Hopefully summer is a little lighter and less stressful. :)

Anonymous said...

:D I'm glad you like the linen, it really is a practical way of making sachets - and I'm still impressed you guessed after just one clue, and then nobody has guessed since then.. I think you overpowered them! :D
those amaretti look so good - by the way, they are one of my favourites!
I hope the haze lifts up very soon. happy xxx and knitting,
chiara

Old Geek-outs