Sunday, March 13, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Click now for JiffNotes

DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!!! Hooray!

*ahem*

I love Daylight Saving Time; I really feel like we should be on this time all year 'round. I am NOT a morning person, so having light later in the day is awesome for me!

We went to see Cirque du Soleil in "Kurios" today, with gorgeous warm weather...by the time intermission rolled around, the sky was mostly sunny with just enough clouds to make for a beautiful sunset!

The show is "steampunk" style, and it was amazing! We were sitting in the second row and got to see all the performers' incredible costumes and makeup up close! I took a few pictures during the "pre-show", but just on my phone, so they're not the best...
You can't see it in the picture, but the two "tanks" on either side have sea creatures "floating" inside.
This "automaton" is person-sized!

Now for some random pictures of random stitchy progress...
I started Mirabilia's Bluebell Fairy on some beloved stashed Sugar Maple Fabrics hand-dyed lugana. I placed her so it would look like she was hopping over a swirly puddle. =)

My second Loopy Academy project is coming along well. The assignment was "two colors, one of which is variegated and one of which is solid or tonal".
I was too scared to try Fair Isle, so this is a mosaic pattern instead. You only knit with one color at a time, and the pattern is formed by slipping stitches. It's ridiculously easy to memorize the pattern for the round, so it's zipping along. I love that the blue/green/purple yarn is called "Spectrum". Since it doesn't actually have all the colors of the rainbow, I like to think it's a secret homage to Nathan Fillion. =)

JiffNotes
Hooray for Daylight Saving Time! I want it to stay this time all year...politicians, if you want my vote, make it happen!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome pictures it looks like fun! Beautiful progress as well :)

Bea said...

The knitting project is so pretty - and great start on the stitching.

Julie said...

Fabulous knitting, only using one colour at a time who would have guessed ... brilliant.

Kerryp77 said...

Great yarn and that fabric is beautiful, perfect for the fairy.

Annie said...

The show looks like great fun. I'm with you about DST. I can't understand why I see so many people make a fuss over it and call for abolishing it.

Love the fabric for the fairy. That will be beautiful.

Fun to learn new knitting techniques. I don't enjoy knitting with multiple colors, but it's a good skill to have. Your colors are really pretty together.

jocondine said...

Le cirque du soleil looks great and I love steampunk style! You made a great step too on your Bluebell Fairy, right place on the fabric, is it a puddle of purple rain? Always left speechless by your knitting... AmitiƩs

woolwoman said...

SOOO good to see so many March posts from you Heather. I always loved your photos of your trips and so many beautiful things you do and see while on them. Your Loopy Knitting academy projects are awesome. Great piece from Hardanger U - wow - lovely work. Your stitchy photos are cool - love the new Mirabilia start. Take care and welcome back from your hiatus - Mel

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start on Bluebell! The fabric is lovely so it's nice to see it being stitched on.

Our clocks go forward in two weeks time. I don't enjoy getting up an hour earlier at all!

Jeanne said...

oh my gosh Heather, it's been so long since I caught up with your blog. So glad you're still 'out there' sharing with us! I've been reading about your adventures in stitching and knitting for many years, back to the days of bulletin boards etc. Your projects are lovely as always!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I'm with you on Daylight Savings Time. In the winter, the sun sets at approximately 4:30 around here, so we sure could use that extra hour of daylight then! Your lugana linen is scrumptious, and I love your knitting project.

Tiffstitch said...

Very cool show and nice progress on everything!

Angela said...

I love the fabric you've chosen for your fairy :)

Old Geek-outs